Yogi Peace Club - Celebrating a 9 year Journey
THE YPC JOURNEY EST 2014
YPC's journey continued with the introduction of cotton yoga tops, which gained instant popularity on social media and sold out rapidly. However, the true turning point was the design and launch of unique and colourful eco-yoga mats, reflecting Emma's deep appreciation for vibrant and sustainable design.
Yogi Peace Club now offers a comprehensive range of award winning eco-friendly yoga mats, accessories and sustainable apparel. Emma demonstrates her commitment to sustainable design by making quarterly donations to the Carbon Positive Foundation, contributing to native tree planting and land restoration.
A key focus for YPC is to source and create products that are a better choice for the environment, whilst upholding quality with the belief that if a product doesn't perform, there is a far greater chance it will end up as land fill. YPC thus tests everything with yoga teachers to ensure that their products are right for the customer and also the planet.
Throughout the 9-year journey of running a small business, Emma has gained valuable insights. Her deep passion for design and yoga fuels her excitement for sharing innovative designs, giving the ability to transcend the numerous challenges that can arise.
"It's more than a job; it's a genuine passion. Follow your dreams, stay true to your instincts, keep things simple, remain authentic, and never give up, no matter how challenging the path may be"
Emma, expresses her sincere gratitude to all YPC customers.
"I feel very thankful to have connected with you all. Your support and loyalty gives life to the brand. I would like to share, how grateful I feel to be supported by a team of incredible women. They are inspiring and provide the back bone of the brand. Many assume YPC operates as a far bigger entity, however we are a small, local and considered team. We work hard to create and deliver products on time".
Enjoy below a visual timeline highlighting our yoga journey from the past 9 years at YPC.
Yogi Peace Club (YPC) Timeline by Founder Emma Barr.
- Yogi Peace Club was born out of Emma Barr's love for yoga and her aspiration to create ecologically minded yoga products, starting with hand-rolled incense sticks featuring tropical scents
YPC launches with Tropical Incense Packs and uniquely printed Yoga Tanks & Crop Tops. Inspired by all things tropical and bright, our designs were youthful and colourful.
- The introduction of cotton yoga tops marked an early success, with these products gaining popularity on social media and selling out rapidly.
We Introduced Our first Printed Yoga Mats and Meditation Yoga mats.
With a background in Design, I was able to create and compose illustrations for all of the Yoga Mats. It was like working a giant canvas. I had so much creating unique patterns and exploring different styles. Artwork was positioned so it could be used as an alignment point for the feet and hands.
- We began exporting Yoga Mats globally. One of our first big wholesale accounts was Matches Fashion.
- YPC initiated the search for recycled materials and established a lasting partnership with an eco-friendly supplier.
- The brand launched its first collection of Yoga Clothing, featuring Eco Leggings and Yoga Crops with distinctive prints that set YPC apart.
- Elle Magazine recognized YPC as one of the "Best Brands to do yoga in.
We commenced our search for recycled materials and partner with our eco-supplier that we are still using today.
Voted by Elle Magazine as one of the "Best Brands To Do Yoga In."
- YPC expanded its product line to include "After Yoga" wear, Flares, Bamboo Long Sleeve Tops, Crops, and Leggings.
- New Flares and Yoga Mat Prints saw Yogi Peace Club propel forward on Instagram.
- Yogi Peace Club underwent a brand rejuvenation, introducing new prints in Yoga Mats and Clothing.
- The brand received recognition in Yoga Journal as one of Australia's most beloved Yoga brands.
- The COVID-19 lockdowns led to a surge in demand for YPC products as more people transitioned to home yoga and wellness practices.
- Handmade Yoga Sprays with essential oils were introduced.
- YPC collaborated with Salty Aura to co-design a beautiful Rug and Yoga Mat.
Read about the collaboration here.
- YPC achieved a significant milestone as Vogue Australia recognized it as one of the best activewear brands to buy, positioning it among global leaders in activewear.
- Collaborationwith Victorian artist Love Ludie resulted in unique and empowering creations.
Read more about our collacboration with Love Ludie here
We collaborated with Allira Potter where we incorporated her vision to create an empowering tee shirt.
Read the blog post here on how the collaboration happened.
- The Wanderer Collection was launched, inspired by a research trip to Tasmania, connecting with the native landscapes.
Read our blog post here to see the design inspiration.
- The Native Collection, a collaboration with local Victorian brand Kip and Co, was introduced.
Read the Blog post here to see the collaboration and how it came to life.
- YPC expanded its offerings with the launch of new YPC Incense and Yoga Sprays.
- The brand hinted at an exciting new collection for early 2023, promising a fresh vibe for Yogi Peace Club.
- Inspired by the land of sun, Costa Del Sol was created and launched with great success.
- Earth Bloom Ccollection was launched, featuring hand painted florals inspired by the grounding and suturing qualities of nature.
- YPC won GOLD at the Clean & Conscious awards in the Yoga Division for printed yoga mats.
Read about our C&C Award Here
- Good Energy Collection was launched, featuring hand crafted motives inspired by ancient temples and the uplifting vibes that an enlightened yoga practice can gift.
Learn about the Artistry behind this collection Here
- Malara Rise yoga mat, a beautiful collaboration with First Nation Artists Malara Rise was launched, featuring hand painted Moon Blossom flowers by twin sisters, Britney and Stefanie Noffke.
Read about out beautiful collaboration with Malara Rise Here
- The brand received recognition in Peppermint Magazine and Breathe Magazine as one of Australia's most beloved eco-Yoga brands.
- As leaders in the Australian Eco-Yoga Mat market, YPC continues to specialise in premium eco-yoga mats.
Discover our New Collection Here
Yogi Peace Club's journey over the years reflects a commitment to eco-friendliness, sustainability, and providing innovative, quality yoga products. Emma Barr's passion for design and yoga continues to drive the brand's success and inspire its dedicated following.
DISCOVER OUR AWARD WINNING MATS HERE