WE LOVE ROSES
DELICIOUS ROSE INFUSED VEGAN DESSERTS
See below the beautiful rose infused recipes from my gorgeous friend at My Beach Kitchen @mybeachkitchen
RASPBERRY AND ROESWATER CHIA PUDDINGS & PISTACHIO CRUMBLE
Packed with flavour, energy and goodness these chia puddings literally take moments to prepare and offer a great alternative to your every day breakfast. They also make a fantastic, healthy snack and the kids will love them. The addition of the rosewater adds a subtle yet aromatic flavour that will get your taste buds dancing! I honestly love these and find they provide me with long-lasting energy. A great healthy energy packed recipe for the whole family. I will defiantly be making a supply of these to feed the kids after a day at the beach!
1 cup almond milk
½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
2 tsp raw honey
½ tsp rosewater
½ tsp maca powder
¼ cup white chia seeds
2 tbsp pistachios, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp shredded coconut
1 tsp coconut sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Blend the almond milk, raspberries, honey, rosewater and maca in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a serving glass or jar. Stir in chia seeds and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. After 20 minutes give it a stir to make sure the chia seeds distribute evenly while they set.
- To make the crumble topping, pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Combine pistachios, coconut, sugar, cinnamon and cardamom in a bowl. Sprinkle in a single layer on a baking tray and bake for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Serve chia pudding topped with pistachio crumble
DREAMY RAW CASHEW NUT BLUEBERRY CHEESE CAKE
Start this recipe a day in advance
4 cups soaked raw cashews (soaked over night)
2.5 cups frozen defrosted Blueberries
1 cup Lemon juice
1 tbsp Lecithin (optional)
1 cup Coconut nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Celtic salt
1 cup Coconut oil
FOR THE BASE
2 cup Almonds
1/2 cup Shredded coconut
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 tsp celtic salt
This was for a 27cm springform pan and came up about 5cm
1. To make the base, blend the almonds in a processor into a rough flour, add the coconut and dates and blend. Transfer to bowl and mix in the vanilla, coconut oil and salt and mix well with your hands. It shouldn’t be too moist but should be able to stick.
2. Brush coconut oil all over the inside of the springform pan.
3. Press the base mixture evenly over the bottom of the springform, press It down really firm. Place in fridge.
4. Blend the cashews, lemon juice, coconut nectar, salt, and vanilla in a high-powered processor, blender for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add the lecithin if using it and 3/4 cup of coconut oil and blend again until well combined, smooth and the lecithin dissolved.
6. Transfer about 2/3 of the mixture to the spring form (the lemon layer) and smooth it out flat.
7. Add the blueberries, the other 1/4 cup of coconut oil to the mixture in the processor and blend until well combined.
8. Pour over the springform and spread flat and smoothly.
9. Set in the fridge overnight, then decorate with some fresh blueberries and edible flowers