Self Love is Self Care
What is the true meaning of yoga? The meaning of Yoga is Union. But this union is not just with others, it’s a union with one's true self. It is a constant journey of self discovery and learning to love who we truly are. The practice of yoga has so many lessons, and one of the most profound is self-love and acceptance.
Self love can start with just simple small changes to your life. Self love does not mean admiring all the things you achieve, rather its acknowledging the right balance to treating your ego, and this comes from a place of Self Care.
We can care for ourselves whether we love ourselves or not. Everybody goes through patches where self-love is can be difficult, particularly when we are not feeling mentally or physically great, but that doesn’t mean that we need to stop caring for ourselves. It might be harder to keep up our self care when we don’t love ourselves, but it’s not impossible.
Here are our five strategies to start your self love journey :
- Start day with an intention for something positive for the day.
- Nourish your body with food that enriches you.
- Consider taking yin class instead of yang yoga class to soften your day.
- Take time to rest during the day and in the evening.
- Connection with other yogis to deepen your journey. Communication establishes better relationships and can assist with kindness and empathy.